Wednesday 18 March 2009

'A New Morning'

At the time I thought I'd overdone the redness of the lighting, meant to indicate a sunrise. And it's also a moot point whether I've overdone of the Dickensy sentimentality of waif-finds-new-hope-in-simple-cat. But frankly, I think this one rocks. Her expression and posture has come out just right. As has the light playing on her face; which is just as well as that one was a bitch to perfect. As ever there's no explicit back story. It's up to the viewer to decide why a girl is sitting on a street corner with a rucksack; and for that matter, why a cat has chosen to befriend her. The Carlsberg can has appeared in so many of my images it's almost a motif, so I should thank the curiously named TrekkieGrrrl for the free model.

1 comment:

Art By Resolution said...

I agree..its one of your better scenes. You are improving :)

Hi... Im Jazzie (jollyself) and I am honored that you both found my gallery and that you feature it here. I was tickled by your observation about my output. ::grin:: Let me just say that my wacom tablet and mouse fly furiously fast in postwork, the concepts are piling up in my head faster then I can get them to digital and this is the FUN part of my digital art. The other part is client both personal and commercial like invitations, tags, etc. So I spend a good deal of the day and evening in front of my computer.

Renderosity has an upload limit so the 4-5 pieces that I work on at one time slowly trickle out to R'osity however the other sites like RuntimeDNA and DigitalDownUnder and Dreamslayer let me load more then one....and I do LOL. Anyway, I havent seen your gallery yet, and if you will email me your member name or note me on an upload in my gallery Andrew...I would like to see all of your gallery and keep tabs on ya just to watch your progression ::smile::